Making a difference through giving…
past, present and future
Philanthropy has always been an integral part of Valley VNA a nonprofit organization. In fact, the original Visiting Nurse Association was formed by a group of benevolent women in 1908. Throughout its 100 year history, Valley VNA has had the support of the community through gifts of time, talent and donations. Today, the programs of Valley VNA provide an environment where people, who have given so much, can live the remainder of their lives independently and with dignity.
We are grateful to those who have joined the “generations of giving” to help us carry out our mission of providing quality choices for senior living. This continued support will ensure that Valley VNA is there to serve the community now and for generations to come. Traditionally, people think of planned gifts as estate planning. While that is one option, there are many other ways for you to make a lasting gift that will sustain the Valley VNA well into the future.
How Are Gifts Used?
Annual donations enhance funds designated to support programs or services such as:
Therapeutic Garden – Spending time outside in a garden has been shown to positively affect a person’s emotions and improve their sense of well-being. Access to nature balances circadian rhythms, lowers blood pressure, reduces stress and increases absorption of Vitamin D. Gardens have been shown to be beneficial for our overall health and well-being.
Neenah-Menasha Meals on Wheels -The meals on wheels program receives the food from ThedaCare Medical Center Neenah. The program has a small fee the client pays each month towards the meal program; your support covers the difference in the cost of the meals versus the client fee each month. The amount charged the client is reduced to keep the meals affordable. The meals on wheels program brings nutritional meals to many throughout the Neenah/Menasha communities. We collaborate with the Neenah/Menasha Emergency Society to provide this service.
Life Enrichment– Life enrichment activities are opportunities for seniors to participate in activities that have meaning to them. These activities are ones that the seniors enjoy and have impact. Valley VNA’s goal is to keep seniors engaged in activities and interactions that are individualized as well as genuinely fun and enriching.
For our independent residents in our Valley VNA Community, or our clients from our In-Home Care Program we offer:
- Movies and sporting events on the Big Screen
- Monthly and seasonal themed parties – Birthdays, Luau, Spring Fling Dance
- Daily exercise and Walking Club
- Wii Bowling
- Weekly Current Events and Bingo
- Prayer Services, Bible Study, and Rosary
- Out to Lunch concerts at Shattuck Park
- Concerts in the Park
For our memory care residents we offer:
- Small group leisure activities (2-5 individuals) – Checkers, bean bag toss, manicures, coffee/tea time, etc.
- Regular exercise – Stationary cycles, Thera Strips, and hand weights
- Mind stimulating activities – Purposeful housekeeping tasks, Current Events, Time Slips for Reminisce
- Sensory and touch – Use of essential oils, hand massage, therapeutic gardening
- Fun and games – Bingo, Wii games, card games, craft projects
Music Soothes the Soul . . . That’s the connection your loved one will experience through our formal music program, led by our creative Music Director. Music is shared on a daily basis and through our innovative music programs – Music & Memory, Lyrics & Laughter and Drum Circles.
Staff development, recognition & Caregiver Training program – Our staff, residents and clients are the heart of the Valley VNA community. This fund contributes to development and training and allows us to recognize and thank staff for all they do each day.
How Can You Help?
There are many ways you can contribute to Valley VNA:
- Make a Donation to honor the memory of a loved one or pay tribute to someone (anniversary, milestone birthday, etc.) by making a donation in their name.
- Annual Gift – Please consider making a donation to the Valley VNA’s Annual Friends Campaign.
- Retirement Plans: Amounts withdrawn from retirement accounts can be taxable to you and your heirs. Enjoy little or no tax penalties with an offsetting charitable deduction to benefit the Valley VNA.
- Thrivent Choice is a charitable grant program that allows eligible members to recommend where Thrivent Financial distributes part of its charitable outreach grant funds each year. Valley VNA as a nonprofit was approved for the program and can be found on the online catalog listed within the Thrivent Choice website.
- IRA Charitable Gift Annuity:When you make a gift of cash or securities in exchange for guaranteed payments for life, after your passing the remainder of your gift will be used to benefit the Valley VNA.
- Securities/Stocks: Valley VNA can accept gifts of stocks or bonds for which you will pay no capital gains tax. The current market value determines the value of your gift. Our policy is to sell the stock immediately upon receipt.
- Wills, Trusts or Bequests: When you designate a gift for Valley VNA, whether a set amount, a percentage of your estate or property or the residual amount, this strategy can reduce or eliminate estate taxes.
- Life Insurance: By assigning Valley VNA as a beneficiary on your life insurance policy, annuity, IRA, CD, bank account or other assets, you can earn tax benefits today and considerable savings in the future.