Memory Care for Residents
Our Therapeutic Recreation Specialist designs our specialized life enrichment program through a combination of therapeutic and leisure focused activities.
The program goal is to build or maintain your loved one’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being through all stages of Alzheimer’s and other dementias. We look forward to your input as we individually tailor life enrichment opportunities based on your loved one’s interest and abilities.
Some regularly scheduled activities include:
- Small group leisure activities (2-5 individuals) – Checkers, bean bag toss, manicures, coffee/tea time, etc.
- Regular exercise – Stationary cycles, Thera Strips, and hand weights
- Mind stimulating activities – Purposeful housekeeping tasks, Current Events, Time Slips for Reminisce
- Sensory and touch – Use of essential oils, hand massage, therapeutic gardening
- Fun and games – Bingo, Wii games, card games, craft projects
Music Soothes the Soul . . . That’s the connection your loved one will experience through our formal music program, led by our creative Music Director. Music is shared on a daily basis and through our innovative music programs – Music & Memory, Lyrics & Laughter and Drum Circles.